sourceforge problems

Robin Becker robin at
Sat Jun 21 00:45:45 CEST 2003

In article <m3llvwd2wp.fsf at>, Martin v.
Löwis <martin at> writes
>Robin Becker <robin at> writes:
>There might be a way to migrate the CVS off SF. This is work in
>progress, and I doubt it will happen before Python 2.3 is released (we
>can't migrate repositories in the middle of a beta release
>cycle). OTOH, SF has promised that they will add new hardware to CVS
>in August, so the problem will go away one way or the other. At the
>moment, I doubt there is much we can do.
>So no, it won't have a bad effect in the long term.
well andy at rep*** routinely uses pserver to do his checkins, with
a 24 hour gap that is certainly a problem :(

It seems that ssh is the way to go. We have systems where ssh 1 is not
the default, but on win32 our clients all seem to be stuck on rsa 1.
Robin Becker