License Question

achrist at easystreet.com achrist at easystreet.com
Sun Jun 22 02:25:35 EDT 2003

I really do hate to discuss or argue about licenses.  Honest.
But this is just a little curious.  Not important, just curious,
so I've got to know, howcome?

License says:

"3. In the event Licensee prepares a derivative work that is based on
or incorporates Python 2.2.3 or any part thereof, and wants to make
the derivative work available to others as provided herein, then
Licensee hereby agrees to include in any such work a brief summary of
the changes made to Python 2.2.3."

I interpret this to mean that a distributed version of a python
script I write, created with Py2exe or the McMillan installer,
since it includes Python is covered by this provision.  So, I've
got to put a copy of the news.txt file or something like it somewhere
in my distribution?  I don't have to make any other mention of Python,
but I've got to tell about changes in the current release, which is
why?

Al