using urllib or httplib to post with ENCTYPE=mulitpart/form-data

Ng Pheng Siong ngps at
Thu Jun 5 07:45:50 CEST 2003

According to Kevin Carlson  <khcarlso at>:
> I actually only need to send a couple of text inputs to the form, but no
> matter what, the host system acts like I input nothing into the form.  I
> have tried this:

Maybe the form has some Javascript that validates the data and invokes a
secret handshake, like sending extra hidden fields or returning a cookie?

Ng Pheng Siong <ngps at>  -+- Manage Your Firewall Rulebase Changes -+- Open Source Python Crypto & SSL