Re/Unresolved bug?

Steven Taschuk staschuk at telusplanet.net
Sat Jun 28 09:26:55 EDT 2003

Quoth Xavier:
  [...]
> t:163: SyntaxWarning: name 'VERBOSE' is assigned to before global
> declaration
>   def main():
> (no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging
> symbols found)...
> 0x0807f022 in PyErr_NormalizeException ()
  [...in 2.2.3 it dies with no segfault by no exception message either...]

Could you post a minimal example of code which provokes this
behaviour?

Without seeing code, I speculate irresponsibly: the SyntaxWarning
is unrelated to the segfault; the segfault might be due to
PyErr_NormalizeException somehow being called when no exception
has been set.  (The bug fix in Python/errors.c revision 2.77 (part
of 2.3b1, backported to 2.2.3 in revision 2.66.10.2) seems
relevant.)

Steven Taschuk                               staschuk at telusplanet.net
"What I find most baffling about that song is that it was not a hit."
                                          -- Tony Dylan Davis (CKUA)