ANN: Confluence -> Python for Hardware Verification

Tom Hawkins tom1 at launchbird.com
Wed Jun 4 11:15:44 EDT 2003

averilog at hotmail.com (Ameet) wrote in message news:<e0d34534.0306040034.41823b66 at posting.google.com>...
> Very informative...can you please direct me to
> documentation/projects/research which uses Confluence. I did find the
> pdf document on the website. Is any additional material available? Is
> Confluence really free??
> Thank you.
> ameet

There are several OpenCore projects based on Confluence;
some have already found their way to implementation:

  http://www.opencores.org/projects/cf_cordic/
  http://www.opencores.org/projects/cf_fft/
  http://www.opencores.org/projects/cf_fp_mul/
  http://www.opencores.org/projects/cf_fir/
  http://www.opencores.org/projects/cf_interleaver/
  http://www.opencores.org/projects/cf_ssp/
  http://www.opencores.org/projects/cf_ldpc/

The documentation (tutorial + examples + reference) covers the whole
language; its 75 pages is an indication of the simplicity of the Confluence.
We believe you don't need a big language to accomplish big designs.

Once you are familiar with the syntax of component definitions,
component instantiations, and a handful of operators, you're 90% there.
We've found experienced RTL designs can pick up the language and
become productive in a matter of hours -- after 3 or 4 days of cf coding
they catch on to the nifty tricks (recursion, first class components)
that make life easy.

Yes, the first license to the Confluence compiler is free -- we
only charge for additional seats.  Because licenses are floating
and our tools are strictly command line, one free compiler goes
a long way -- more than adequate for hobbyists and small design firms.

Regards,
Tom

--
Tom Hawkins