Efficient data flow between orthogonal C extensions?

Magnus Lie Hetland mlh at furu.idi.ntnu.no
Thu Jun 5 18:17:53 EDT 2003

In article <slrnbdvdlb.dfi.mlh at furu.idi.ntnu.no>, Magnus Lie Hetland wrote:
>In article <87znkwwmbg.fsf at smtp.gsi.de>, Pierre Schnizer wrote:
>[snip]
>>Perhaps I should have been more explicit. If I get your viewpoint correctly, I
>>can answer: SWIG generally can do the job you described above.

I have now written a small test, but can't make this work. (For one
thing, it seems that SWIG has started to create .py-wrappers for the c
modules, and that I have to give a _foo name rather than a foo name to
distutils etc. Hm. Oh, well.)

I've written the function

  void callback(char *);

in one module and the function

  void caller(void (*callback)(char *));

in another. When I swig/compile these, import them, and try to pass
callback as a parameter to caller, I get the following error:

  TypeError: Type error. Expected _p_f_p_char__void

What am I doing wrong?

--
Magnus Lie Hetland                "In this house we obey the laws of
http://hetland.org                 thermodynamics!"    Homer Simpson