Pollyanna Presentations in Programming Practice (was Re: Twisted Panglossia)

Mike C. Fletcher mcfletch at rogers.com
Thu Jun 5 22:31:33 CEST 2003

Dave Benjamin wrote:

>In article <mailman.1054839913.384.python-list at python.org>, David Mertz wrote:
>>But I've noticed something both on the Twisted list, and when Twisted
>>has come up here on c.l.py recently.  The Twisted developers have a
>>greater excess of enthusiasm for their package than do the developers of
>>other large frameworks (even more than my Pollyannaishness in my
>>ironically confessed advocacy of my own little tools).
>Really? I had no idea you were Polynesian! ;)
>A search for "Pollyannaishness" on Google returns 3 results. Merriam Webster
>offers no definition. Care to elucidate this obfuscation? =)
You'll probably need to look at the root, a good general search strategy
BTW ;) . In this case, having the character or aspect of a Pollyanna,
overly optimistic and enthusiastic.

Just another shameless self-promoter, (use SimpleParse, OpenGLContext
and ResourcePackage, darn it, they're |<00|_ ;) :) ),

  Mike C. Fletcher
  Designer, VR Plumber, Coder