Saving Files Under Windows

Chris Tavares cct at
Sun Jun 15 06:26:22 CEST 2003

"Dennis Lee Bieber" <wlfraed at> wrote in message
news:u42tr-km3.ln1 at
>         I'm still configuring my new laptop -- doing a full backup with
> party installed software first, THEN I'm going to risk Partition Magic
> on it to create my "data" partition. Will still take some time to get
> all the applications configured. Is there some easy way to define M$'s
> "My <bleeping this & that>" to use a separate partition?

Grab a copy of TweakUI for your version of Windows - available as part of
the Powertoys distributions from Microsoft. There's a gui in there to move
the Documents and Settings directory to whatever drive & directory you want.

-Chris, being ashamedly unpythonic, but hopefully helpful.