PyUNO connection to OpenOffice

Enrique Castro ecastro at
Tue Jun 10 13:42:31 CEST 2003

Skip Montanaro wrote:
>     Enrique> c:\Archivos de programa\OpenOffice.org1.1\program>python
>     Enrique>
>     Enrique> Traceback (most recent call last):
>     Enrique>    File "", line 27, in ?
>     Enrique>      smgr = resolver.resolve(
>     Enrique> "uno:socket,host=localhost,port=2002;urp;StarOffice
>     Enrique> .ServiceManager" )
>     Enrique>
>     Enrique> Connector : couldn't connec
>     Enrique> t to socket (WSAECONNREFUSED, Connection refused)
> It would appear that StarOffice is not listening on port 2002.  Can you
> telnet to that port?

No I can't. "telnet localhost" or "telnet" failed
After a little exploration I found "telnet service
management" under administrative tools (I am translating
from names in spanish), and turned on the telnet service.
Now if I do
c:>telnet localhost , I do connect to
c:>telnet localhost:2002 (or whatever other number) fails

I know nothing about sockets but they are for connecting
Do you know a very simple introduction/tutorial?