wxPython: Popped-up widget not refreshed properly on Windows

Greg Ewing (using news.cis.dfn.de) g2h5dqi002 at sneakemail.com
Fri Jun 6 02:41:29 EDT 2003

I have a button which causes a wxListBox control to
appear over the top of some other controls in a
window.

This works perfectly on X11, but on Windows there
seems to be some sort of refresh bug that makes it
appear as though the listbox is behind some of the
other controls. It isn't really, though, because
clicking on items in the box causes them to be
drawn on top, as they should be.

I've tried all sorts of things to fix this, such
as explicity Raise()ing and/or Refresh()ing the
listbox after showing it, making sure it's created
after all the other controls, and experimenting
with the wxCLIP_CHILDREN option on containing
windows, but none of this makes any difference.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to work
around this before I've torn all my hair out?

--
Greg Ewing, Computer Science Dept,
University of Canterbury,