PEP318: property as decoration

Gerrit Holl gerrit at nl.linux.org
Wed Jun 11 14:40:25 EDT 2003

Sean Ross wrote:
>         def foo():
>                 def fget(self):
>                         return self._foo
>                 def fset(self, value):
>                         self._foo = value
>                 def fdel(self):
>                         del self._foo
>                 fdoc = "foo"
>                 return fget, fset, fdel, fdoc

Make that: "return fget, fset, fdel, __doc__".

>         foo = property(*foo())
>
>         def bar():
>                 "a readonly property"
>                 def fget(self):
>                         return self._bar
>                 return fget,     # the trailing comma is required here

And that: "return fget, None, None, bar.__doc__"

>         bar = property(*bar())
>

> Anyway...I found this interesting, so I thought someone else might enjoy it
> as well.

Yes, sure. If the class-solution wouldn't be such an abuse, I would use
that but it goes against the grain with me. Maybe I will start using
this way...

yours,
Gerrit.

--
149. If this woman does not wish to remain in her husband's house, then
he shall compensate her for the dowry that she brought with her from her