[General lang] how to call a parent

John Fabiani jfabiani at yolo.com
Sun Jun 15 18:18:45 CEST 2003

I'm a newbie to the Python world but not programming.  In the Visual Foxpro
world we have the concept of ?parent?.   I normally use  it to set
properties of a custom control as in ?parent.background.color = blue?.
The parent in this case is a container.  In the VFP world we have
?thisform, this, and parent?  and all class methods are run unless
overwritten by the child class.  Anyway, I'd know how to call the parent of
an object.  BTW if I'm all wrong with this idea would someone explain why!

TIA
John
--
John Fabiani