Is Python lightweight?

sfb a at b.c
Sat Jun 7 11:01:09 EDT 2003

kkennedy65 at yahoo.com (kk) wrote in
news:8b336527.0306070647.7962aa74 at posting.google.com:

> Maybe I should re-format my question. What tool should I use to
> measure the memory usage?  On Windows XP, I have tried Performance
> Monitor, and it doesn't have anything obvious to me.  I'm sure I just
> don't know how to use it properly.  Is there another tool?  Is there
> an API call that could tell me memory usage at any given point,
> preferably by process?

In windows XP, press CTRL-ALT-DELETE, go to Task Manager, then click on
Processes. Each process is listed with its CPU and Memory usage.

Or you could try Process Explorer from SysInterals
( http://www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/freeware/procexp.shtml )

Find a process, then choose Process-> Properties -> Performance to see a
lot more about it. (Possibly overkill here, but still interesting)

- sfb.