Newbie in developping Webapplications needs tips.

Raaijmakers, Vincent (IndSys, GE Interlogix) Vincent.Raaijmakers at ge.com
Fri Jun 6 14:58:00 EDT 2003

Currently I try to to gather information about web development by reading books (Python Webprogramming, PHP and MySQL Web Development) searching on Google etc etc..
The plan is to develop HTML pages for presenting data from a database, configure objects and execute python code from these pages.

My aim is to use as much python as possible because of 1) the experience in that area and 2) the existing python application we would like to support with HTML.
I'm familair with java's JSP technology, so PSP could be a good choice.
However, when I read about PHP, this looks also very usefull. But, it is not python....

So my question is, what advise can the guru's give me here?
What is a good start.

Any advise, tips, references to articles would be appriciated.

Thanks,
Vincent