[OT] (was: does lack of type declarations make Python unsafe?)

JanC usenet_spam at janc.invalid
Tue Jun 17 22:31:30 EDT 2003

Peter Hansen <peter at engcorp.com> schreef:

> One would assume it had to go faster than 3.5km/h to win such a race.

I was talking about cars with "explosion engines" (or how do you call that
in correct English ;)

The first "automobile" ("self moving vehicle") that I know about was steam-
powered and designed by the Flemish scientist father Ferdinand Verbiest
somewhere in the 1670s.
It was a rather small "toy" made for the Chinese Emperor (his employer).
He made steam ships too.

--
JanC