insert thousands separators

Nick Vargish nav at
Mon Jun 16 20:43:00 CEST 2003

Gerhard Häring <gh at> writes:

> So if you only want to print the fractional value, str() will do
> fine. But str() won't make floats capable of representing arbitrary
> numbers, either ;-)

If I really cared about floats, I could str(fval).split('.') -- after
checking for floatness, of course. But since I don't care about
floats, I'm gonna let it ride for now -- until it bites me in some
other context. :^)

#  ||  version 0.2  ||  2003-01-07  ||  Feed this to your Python.
print reduce(lambda x,y:x+chr(ord(y)-1),'Ojdl!Wbshjti!=obwAqbusjpu/ofu?','')