Tk vs wxPython ?

Gerhard Häring gh at ghaering.de
Wed Jun 4 13:43:34 EDT 2003

Aurélien Géron wrote:
> [Tkinter vs. wxPython]
> I guess a good compromise would be to leave Tkinter in place, but to
> make it clear in the documentation that for any serious GUI development, wxPython
> would be the way to go (along with a link to download it of course).

 From what I hear on this list, it is possible to do serious GUI
development with all of the major toolkits (Tki, wx, GTK, Qt). FWIW
Tkinter people tend to use Pmw for additional funtionality.

I understand your initial excitement for wxPython. FWIW I plan to
seriously check out PyGTK for GUI programming. It seems to be pretty
usable on win32 as well with the version based on GTK2. If you're
concerned about GTK apps not having the native Windows look and feel you
should read the PyGTK FAQ :-)

Here's the link:
http://www.async.com.br/faq/pygtk/index.py?req=show&file=faq21.007.htp

-- Gerhard