Windows Program?

Mark Carter cartermark46 at
Thu Jun 19 10:17:44 CEST 2003

"David B." <david24 at> wrote in message news:<vf1roa984ou832 at>...
> Hello. I'm new to python and I was wondering... can you make windows-like
> programs? (Like with the gray background and the input boxes?)

Unfortunately, Python does not come with a facility that can build
GUIs as easily as Visual Basic. It is possible, however, to build GUIs
for python, with a bit of patience. A selection of modules is
available at:

Quite a good one is wxPython, which has "native look and feel":
If you want to use it, you'll also need wxWindows, available at
It's all free.