Totally Confused: Passing variables to functions

Steven Taschuk staschuk at telusplanet.net
Fri Jun 13 20:25:39 EDT 2003

Quoth Asun Friere:
  [...]
> Or to give a real example (as I should have done in the first place),
> this excerpt from message 11, as it looks to me:
>
> Then try (note the space before the dot):
> '0x1'

Once I found that post [1], I saw what you meant.  Line breaks are
indeed being dropped by Google's HTML production; in the original
format there's a line break there.

I made a test post [2] through Google to probe the problem a bit.
(Curiously, the "original format" of the test post is not quite
what I'd thought I'd typed into their form; there are one or two
additional leading spaces, and one or two missing.)  Unfortunately
I forgot to check whether having a non-'>' before the >>> would
help.

Time to file a bug report with Google, methinks.

[1] <http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=aa25b022.0306060834.2a02db9e%40posting.google.com>

[2] <http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=98b29f4e.0306131028.e6e0a0a%40posting.google.com>

Steven Taschuk                          staschuk at telusplanet.net
"Its force is immeasurable.  Even Computer cannot determine it."
                           -- _Space: 1999_ episode "Black Sun"