Newbie: Where to start with cgi?

Alan Kennedy alanmk at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 17 13:42:21 EDT 2003

Husam wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm trying to use python as the core infrastructure for my web site.
> The tutorials on the web hepls you set up things and it stops at the
> most interesting point leaving you at your own to
> find out how things are programmed in the real world.
> I will be very happy if someone can give an advice or anything helpfull.

Hi Husam,

Perhaps your request is a little too general to get good answers.

There are so many different things that can be done through the web, so many
different technology issues, so many different security issues, that entire
bookshelves could not describe the state of the art as it is now.

I recommend that you pick one particular application, and pose your questions in
relation to that. For example, you decide that your first web project will be a
links database on site, or a blog or a moin or a wiki. Each has its own
particular requirements, in implementation terms and in security terms.

You'll find the people in c.l.p. extremely helpful, but you generally have to
know what it is that *you* are looking for. The people who are willing to help
aren't usually willing to play "20 questions" with you to find out.

Best of luck with your web projects :-)

--
alan kennedy