PyUNO connection to OpenOffice

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Tue Jun 10 08:48:15 EDT 2003

Enrique Castro wrote:

> Skip Montanaro wrote:
> > It would appear that StarOffice is not listening on port 2002.  Can you
> > telnet to that port?
>
> No I can't. "telnet localhost" or "telnet 127.0.0.1" failed
> After a little exploration I found "telnet service
> management" under administrative tools (I am translating
> from names in spanish), and turned on the telnet service.
> Now if I do
> c:>telnet localhost , I do connect to 127.0.0.1
> But
> c:>telnet localhost:2002 (or whatever other number) fails

Under Windowws, 'telnet' takes its port argument without
the colon separator.  Try this instead:

 telnet localhost 2002

You can also type "netstat -an" and see whether there is
anything LISTENING on port 2002, either on 127.0.0.1, your
regular address, or 0.0.0.0 (which means "any interface").

-Peter