Home directory problem

Nagy László Zsolt nagylzs at freemail.hu
Mon Jun 9 12:03:41 EDT 2003

Hi All! I wonder if there is a standard way to determine a user's local
directory. I know that unix compatible machines has an enviroment
variable called 'HOME'. Windows 2000 and XP machines have an enviroment
variable called 'HOMEPATH'. But I don't know how to read this on Win9X,
Mac and the possible others. Is there a standard way? Some details: I'm
writting a multi platform two-tiered source code management tool. The
clients need to store some information locally. This information must be
separated from other users. I'm using dumbdbm and I'm searching the
right place for the config database. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

  Laci 1.0