Kerberos authentication for IMAP?

jps jps at lopan.dccs.upenn.edu
Wed Jun 11 12:00:30 EDT 2003

In <bc2g5c$1nmq$1 at nntp6.u.washington.edu> "Donn Cave" <donn at u.washington.edu> writes:

>Anyway, supposing that the krb4 module is ready to go ... The imaplib
>authenticate function deals with the AUTHENTICATE command, 6.2.2 in
>the IMAP4 RFC 3501, which is more generically a SASL implementation.

How about a python interface to the cyrus-sasl library written in Pyrex?

You can find one on a page that Google knows:
http://www.google.com/search?&q=site%3Awww.upenn.edu+python+sasl

Go to the UNIX section to find the Python sasl module.

And if anyone wants to take over the maintainance of this python sasl module,
please let me know. We don't have the staff time to enhance or support it,
but it fills an important need in Python.