Spambayes in the Australian press

Tim Churches tchur at
Wed Jun 25 14:02:53 CEST 2003

A well-informed article on Spambayes, the Python spam filter, appeared
in the IT pages of the major Sydney and Melbourne broadsheets this week
- see An
informal visual survey of readers of those IT pages on the train t'other
morning (about 25% of all passengers in the car in which I sat) revealed
intense interest in the article, no doubt reflecting the daily tsunami
of spam which they encounter. I wonder how many will follow up on the
article and what they will make of Spambayes?

Unfortunately the online version of the article does not include the
photo of Ma[rk|tt] Hammond, Aussie author of the Spambayes MS Outlook
plug-in, reclining in a typically languid pose, which appeared in the
printed version. That's the second time in a year that he has had his
photo in the mainstream press due to his Python work.

Tim C