Dr. Dobb's Python-URL! - weekly Python news and links (Sep 24)

Cameron Laird claird at lairds.com
Wed Jun 25 12:05:09 EDT 2003

In article <3d9100c1$1 at news.sentex.net>,
Peter Hansen  <peter at engcorp.com> wrote:
>Dean Goodmanson wrote:
>> QOTW:  "When something "is *EVERYWHERE*", how can it be "clearly VISIBLE"
>> at the same time?" - Alex Martelli
>>     http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2002-September/123526.html
>>
>> "... [A]necdotally speaking I find Python development goes faster more as
>> a result of its very high readability than as a result of low loc/FP."
>> 				 Peter Hansen
>
>For the record, this was from
>http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2002-February/089848.html
>although I have to say I have no idea what it means... if it ever meant
>anything.  (Hansen's a real blowhard, you know.)
>
>(I also don't know why a posting from February made it in the September
>QOTW except as an accident.  But didn't someone say there's no such
>thing as bad publicity? ;-)  )
>
>-Peter

We call that "serendipity", not accident.

Like Python itself, "Python-URL!" is not rigid.  It accomodates
variability.  It shrinks, it expands, it *breathes*, it occasi-
onally holds itself in reserve a little bit, until the timing
feels better.

Sometimes "a little bit" extends over months.  OK, years.
--

Cameron Laird <Cameron at Lairds.com>
Business:  http://www.Phaseit.net