Have I broken my installation?

Matt Mower mmower at novissio.com
Sat Jun 28 18:30:36 CEST 2003

Hi Martin,

Thanks for responding.  My answers are below.

On 28 Jun 2003 17:53:52 +0200, martin at v.loewis.de (Martin v. Löwis)

>> I'm pretty sure I had a module dom.minidom before as it is the import
>> statement that is raising the exception and it didn't prior to
>> installing PyXML, I was previously calling parse() and Document().
>> So did I make a mistake installing PyXML?
>This is uncertain. Does this also happen when you invoke Python from
>the command line? If so, what happens if you do
>import xml
>print xml
>import xml.dom
>print xml.dom
>import xml.dom.minidom
>print xml.dom.minidom

It turns out I made a bad choice naming my test program 'xml.py'.  I
discovered that these commands failed in the directory I was working
on the script in, but succeeded elsewhere.

I guess I didn't realise that my local files could interfere with
importing from Pythons libraries.  Stupid mistake on my part!

Thanks again!

Systems Engineer, Hipbone(EMEA) Ltd.
3000 Hillswood drive, Chertsey, Surrey, KT16 0RS
Tel: 44-1932-895902  Mob: 44-7980-237-380