XMLRPC Authentication

Justin Johnson justinjohnson at fastmail.fm
Fri Jun 6 12:02:31 EDT 2003

I have a simple xmlrpc server (using xmlrpclib) that accepts requests
from clients and runs some administrative commands on a bunch of servers
I support.  I would like to lock down access to the service so that only
authorized users can use it, by authenticating with a user name and
password.

Has anyone done this before?  Is there an already existent authentication
framework available I can use with xmlrpc?

I was looking at twisted, and they do have an authentication framework,
but it looked like it wouldn't work with xmlrpc.  I'm trying to verify
this with the twisted developers as well.

Thanks.
-Justin