wxPython download

Mel Wilson mwilson at the-wire.com
Sat Jun 14 15:18:49 EDT 2003

In article <3EEB440F.49A1D3C2 at engcorp.com>,
Peter Hansen <peter at engcorp.com> wrote:
>Lorenzo Bolognini wrote:
>>
>> didn't know how to report it to the wxPython coders but it seems (at least
>> to me and someone else) that wxPython downloads (all versions) aren't
>> working @ sf.net
>
>Works, here, now.  If by "aren't working" you meant that you couldn't
>select a mirror, start a download, and see the progress dialog box showing
>data streaming to your machine, then either it's fixed or it's not a
>general problem.
>
>I didn't actually complete the 6.72MB download that I started, nor did
>I try to run the resulting file.  (This was with the Py2.2 version of
>the Win32 wxPython, BTW.)

   Don't know what made me so groggy, but I spent an ugly
day at Sourceforge because I'd forgotten that selecting a
mirror via the obvious radio buttons has about zero to do
with downloading the file.

   To download, you have to click the little box icon to the
right of the file descriptions.

   'Hide the Hyperlink' .. one game that Edward Albee forgot
to put into _Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?_.

        Regards.        Mel.