nntplib body question

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Wed Jun 4 21:46:02 EDT 2003

JanC wrote:
[ ... ]
> A normal Usenet article won't be bigger than 1 MiB, as many servers don't
> allow that.  Bigger articles would be dropped by those servers, resulting
> in bad propagation and the need for lots of reposts.

Agreed.  I'm not sure that "Usenet as binary file distribution" is a good idea;
I very much prefer the notion of news as "messages sent by a person for people".

Anyway, note that some news servers-- M$ Exchange with Outlook as the email/news
user-agent in particular-- may aggregate multi-part Usenet articles into one.
That might result in multimedia and such becoming a much bigger article when
actually viewed from a reader that supports whatever or other this NNTP
extension is called.

--
-Chuck