Home directory problem

Mike C. Fletcher mcfletch at rogers.com
Mon Jun 9 19:14:13 EDT 2003

Nagy László Zsolt wrote:

> Mike C. Fletcher wrote:
>
>> This is the kind of thing that should really be in a module in the
>> standard library, with lots of testing/collaboration establishing a
>> robust solution.  I don't really have time to build such a thing, but
>> here's a start that might help someone else work it up (attached).

> This is really something that should be in the standard library.
> Although, you code requires winall extensions. :-) I'm scared about
> Mac users too.

Actually, my code only *requires* _winreg, which should be standard on
Win32 systems (AFAIK) with Python 2.2+.  It'll use win32all if it's
available, as it provides access to the "correct" API, but the code will
retrieve the value from the registry directly if necessary.

I don't even have access to a Mac machine, hence my
"testing/collaboration" comment above.  Users of weird ;) platforms need
to stand up contribute code if they want their platform supported :) .

Have fun,
Mike

  Mike C. Fletcher
  Designer, VR Plumber, Coder