You know you're a Pythonista when..

poiboy bitbucket at safe-mail.net
Tue Jun 10 14:27:02 EDT 2003

..or "Empathy and Envy on the Road to Enlightenment."

I'm a doit-yer-selfer counting signposts on my path to PyNirvana,
and I'm wondering what epiphanies the better traveled have
experienced along their own.

Those that have marked my progress are:

1) Bookmarking the Language Reference Index and realizing that "for
   language lawyers" applied to *me* (my links for "Extending and
   Embedding" and "Python/C API" are still blue).

2) Relying on unittest.

3) Discovering filter() and map().

4) Fortifying classes with __setattr__() and friends.

4.5) Leaving if:, elif:, and else: on their own lines for fear of
     scorn or deprecation.

Aloha, the poiboy