finding origin of names

Robin Becker robin at jessikat.fsnet.co.uk
Sat Jun 7 09:03:49 EDT 2003

In article <mailman.1054987218.24496.python-list at python.org>, Andreas
Jung <lists at andreas-jung.com> writes
>What is the usecase for this? It looks to me that you should verify your
>data-model...I have never been in a situation during my 10 year Python
>experience
>where I have to check this.
>
>-aj
>
>--On Samstag, 7. Juni 2003 12:29 Uhr +0100 Robin Becker
><robin at jessikat.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:

..... we have a semi-automatic drawing editor for naive users. They can
set properties to red/blue etc and the editor attempts to find a
suitable origin for the object (ie a Color instance defined in some
module). Our current approach  doesn't care if the module defines these
or imports them, but it would make sense for us to use the 'original
source'.
--
Robin Becker