random picks from a list

Rogue9 rogue9 at ntlworld.com
Thu Jun 12 16:00:18 EDT 2003

Hi All,
I´m working on a program for lottery analysing and need to generate
random numbers from a filtered list of numbers i.e. I have reduced the
likely ¨winning¨ numbers to a smaller pool and have them in a list. How
do i use the random funtion in Python to pick random numbers from this
list?Is this the use of the seq argument in the random function?
The documentation does not cover the use of all the arguments available
for this function and my attempts to use if have been a failure.
Guidance would be very much welcome Pythonistas,
Thanks
Lol McBride