Newbie in developping Webapplications needs tips.

Afanasiy abelikov72 at
Sat Jun 7 01:18:13 CEST 2003

On Fri, 06 Jun 2003 20:44:07 GMT, Afanasiy <abelikov72 at> wrote:

>I am still trying to switch to Python for web development, but
>have used it extensively in standard application development.
>For my requirements, mod_python ended up being the only solution.

I just wanted to add something I forgot, and one of a couple big reasons I
am not exactly diving into things just yet... mod_python is not safe for
shared hosts as far as I know. It has no equivalent of PHP's safe mode.
Apache 2's 'Perchild MPM' is supposed to deprecate this need, but that
still requires an httpd.conf edit and a restart of Apache for every user
added, very annoying, especially to shared hosters.

I've also been pointed to various web forum threads by a couple ISP's
showing other reasons they cannot provide shared-host Python support.

However, I think this safe mode dilemma is the most significant reason.