Request for feedback on my first Python program

Sean Legassick sean at
Sun Jun 1 18:37:55 CEST 2003

In message <bbd83g$aiu$1 at>, Aahz <aahz at>
>It is *NOT* redundant; it is making clear that True/False are the only
>possible return values.  With your rewrite, reading and understanding
>the code is necessary to clarify the intent.

Eeek. I know python is supposed to be readable, but you seem to be
suggesting that it's useful to convey information to someone who can't
read a simple boolean expression.

If you really need that level of self-documentation, I would put it in a
comment / docstring, not in redundant code.

Sean K. Legassick
sean at
         informage - - mouthing off from the fairest cape