popen2.Popen3 on Windows

Peter Hansen peter at engcorp.com
Mon Jun 16 13:29:17 EDT 2003

Justin Johnson wrote:

> I need a way to run an external command, grab its output (stdout,stderr)
> and get a return status for the command.  It seems like popen2.Popen3
> (Note the upper case "P") is the way to do this, but it only works on
> unix.  Is there a way to get this info on Windows?

You might get more or better replies if you create your posting as
a new one, rather than replying to an existing one and changing the
subject.  Many news and mail readers will do "threading" which means
your article will show up as part of the discussion to which you
replied, and many people will have killed that thread (and thus
never see your question) by now.

Sorry I can't answer the specific question.

-Peter