Does current Python2.3CVS work on FreeBSD5.1 or FreeBSD5-current?

PieterB pieterb at gewis.nl
Sat Jun 21 15:19:45 EDT 2003

Hi,

I was wondering if someone could acknowledge that Python2.3CVS runs on
FreeBSD5.1 or FreeBSD5-current.

I had some problems compiling Python2.3CVS on FreeBSD5.0, and I would
like to know if it FreeBSD5.0 or Python related. I didn't get it to
compile with threads. I got the following error:

> make
> [...]
> c++  -Wl,--export-dynamic -o python  Modules/python.o  libpython2.3.a
> -lutil   -lm
> libpython2.3.a(posixmodule.o): In function `posix_tmpnam':
> Modules/posixmodule.c:5785: warning: tmpnam() possibly used unsafely;
> consider using mkstemp()
> libpython2.3.a(posixmodule.o): In function `posix_tempnam':
> Modules/posixmodule.c:5738: warning: tempnam() possibly used unsafely;
> consider using mkstemp()
> libpython2.3.a(thread.o): In function `PyThread_start_new_thread':
> Python/thread_pthread.h:217: undefined reference to `pthread_create'
> Python/thread_pthread.h:253: undefined reference to `pthread_detach'
> *** Error code 1
>
> Stop in /home/pieterb/sandbox/python/dist/src.

I asked Guido about it and he told me: