ICFP Programming Contest (ii)

Ketil Malde ketil+ at ii.uib.no
Thu Jun 19 06:48:27 EDT 2003

----8<----[snip]----8<----

ICFP Programming Contest
========================

There are just ten days to go to the sixth ICFP Programming Contest!
Starting at midnight on Saturday morning, June 28th, you can prove
once again that your favourite programming language is "the
programming tool of choice for discriminating hackers!"

Don't miss this opportunity -- check out the contest web site at

        http://icfpcontest.org

for details -- and the tiniest little hint of this year's problem.

John Hughes

----8<----[snip]----8<----

Notice: I'm posting this for JH, due to network trouble.  Please
direct any complaints about topicality to me.  If you follow up,
please consider the groups you reply to (comp.lang.functional *may* be
a good choice if you want to discuss the contest itself, language
specific discussion should go to the appropriate groups; use sound
judgement).

In spite of the word "functional" appearing, the contest is
specifically open to any (sufficiently portable) tool or language, and
part of the fun is to discuss how the features of various languages
helped/hampered implementors.  I hope everybody with a favorite
language will give it a shot!  (There have been previous contests,
Google will probably tell you where to find more information)

                                                -kzm