Find a substring withing a string...

FooBar abc at
Sat Jun 21 07:39:15 CEST 2003

	OK I will be the first to admit that I am VERY new to Pythin and
know little of the syntax of this language.  I want to perform the
simple task of testing to see if a substring exists within string.  I
think the syntax is find(sting,substring) and the return is -1 if the
substirng is not found otherwise the start position of the substring in
the string.  is this correct?

	Moreover is this code totally screwed?

takeaction = find(stringvar,'LITERALSUB')
if takeaction != -1:

	Any help with this is appreciated as I am a total DFU when it
comes to this for now anyway...

Please Help the Unwanted and Homeless Animals!