Tk vs wxPython ?

Gerrit Holl gerrit at
Wed Jun 4 20:35:53 CEST 2003

Peter Hansen schreef op woensdag  4 juni om 20:06:16 +0000:
> > I guess a good compromise would be to leave Tkinter in place, but to make it
> > clear in the documentation that for any serious GUI development, wxPython
> > would be the way to go (along with a link to download it of course).
> Good point.  I just tried searching for any reference to GUI stuff on the
> site and was unable to find *anything* which either recommended
> a toolkit or referenced GUI development at all, for beginners or others.

I have made a comparison a long time ago. However, I abandoned it and had
no time any more to maintain it, so I removed it. Better no comparison than
an incorrect, outdated comparison.

163. If a man marry a woman and she bear him no sons; if then this
woman die, if the "purchase price" which he had paid into the house of his
father-in-law is repaid to him, her husband shall have no claim upon the
dowry of this woman; it belongs to her father's house.
        -- 1780 BC, Hammurabi, Code of Law