medusa http server

Moshe Zadka m at
Sun Jun 1 19:32:29 CEST 2003

On 1 Jun 2003, aahz at (Aahz) wrote:

> >% mktap web --path=/var/www/htdocs --port=80
> >% sudo twisted -f web.tap
> Yes, that's all that's required
[about the using-twistedweb.html HOWTO]
> That's actually a moderately long document.  If you want to emphasize
> how quickly a Twisted web server can be deployed, you should create a
> separate document called "Fast start: Twisted web server".  That would
> include a minimal set of install instructions so that people don't need
> to read separate pages.

Hrm, a good idea. I might actually do that -- "Bringing Up a Twisted Web In
Five Minutes" might be a win.

> Note that I'm not complaining about the current setup, but you seem to
> imply that it ought to be even easier.

Yes. I want it to be easy enough that people will say "nah, let's just
install Twisted Web" :)
Moshe Zadka --
Buffy: I don't like you hanging out with someone that... short.
Riley: Yeah, a lot of young people nowadays are experimenting with shortness.
Agile Programming Language --