Exposing object model in Python?

Steve Holden sholden at holdenweb.com
Fri Jun 27 09:15:20 EDT 2003

"MK" <MK at foo.com> wrote in message
news:bdgvk5$sid7t$1 at ID-174077.news.dfncis.de...> > [...]
> Thanks for your input. Apologies for not being clear enough.
>
> I'm writing a classical desktop application, using wxPython
> and some other libraries. I'm interested to expose its
> object model a la Microsoft's VBA. That is, I want to allow
> my users to tinker with the app, i.e. write their own macros
> in Python in a miniature IDE, within the app. I'd also like to ship
> the program as a standalone app, using py2exe.

If you can get a look at "Python Programming on Win32" by Mark Hammond and
Andy Robinson that will show you a number of ways to do this, including
writing a COM server in Python and providing Python scripting facilities to
your users.

Unfortunately the techniques used are a little too complicated to describe
in a newsgroup posting.

with-apologies-to-pierre-de-fermat-ly y'rs  - steve