Python as a Language Choice

Cousin Stanley CousinStanley at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 17 14:03:16 EDT 2003

| Agreed - but I would also add:
|
| Licensing
|
| the liberal and uncomplicated  "Do Whatever You Like With It,
| just don't sue us if it doesn't work"-license
| is a *big* selling point to organisations like mine
| who have to employ people who's task is solely keeping track
| of a growing mess of evermore expensive (the norm),
| complex (always) and stupid (often) software licenses !!

Frithiof ...

I think you are correct that a more explicit statement
of licensing issues should be included ...

This would indeed be more helpful
than a casual mention of Open Source as I did
which only implies licensing in general
and not a particular type of Open Source Licensing ...

Thanks for the suggestion ...

--
Cousin Stanley
Human Being