Events with Python COM local server

Marc ENGEL marc.engel at recif.com
Tue Jun 17 11:00:29 EDT 2003

Hi,

Is it possible to use events with a Python COM local server?

I have a COM server implemented in Python.
This server generates event by inheriting from
win32com.server.connect.ConnectableServer

The client application is also in Python.

If I register my server as an Inproc Server, I got the event
generated, everything is OK.
Now if my server is a local server (I can check that it is launched
inside pythonw.exe process) I cannot get events.
When calling the Advise method, I got the exception:
CONNECT_E_NOCONNECTION

The main difference I can see between Inproc and Local server is that
when queriing interface, the system automatically queries interface
ICallFactory which I don't support.

Is it the problem?

I read also some stuff related to security policies and marshalling in

Is it supported by the PythonCOM framework?

Thanks for any hint,

Marc