win32ui screen capture

Me Mine
Thu Jun 26 20:17:11 EDT 2003

i,
I have trying to code a small console app that will
allow a user to select a window and then create a
screen capture of the window.  I haven't been able to
figure out how to do the screen capture part.  The
code is as follows, the commented out lines at the end
are things I have tried, but don't work.  Whenever I
try to create a compatibe Bitmap or DC it comes back
with an error as
win32ui: CreateCompatibleDC failed
or
AttributeError: CreateCompatibleDC
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

import win32gui
import win32ui

numWindows = 0
windows = []
winDict = {}
windowsText=[]
inc = 0

def _MyCallback( hwnd, extra ):
	extra.append(hwnd)

win32gui.EnumWindows(_MyCallback, windows)
for i in windows:
	if win32gui.IsWindowVisible(i):
		if win32gui.IsWindowVisible:
			windowsText.append(i)
			winDict[numWindows] = i
			numWindows +=1

print "Please select a window to capture"
for window in windowsText:
		windowText = win32gui.GetWindowText(window)
		print inc, windowText
		inc += 1

selection = input()

print win32gui.GetWindowText(winDict[selection])
myDC = win32ui.CreateDCFromHandle(winDict[selection])
win32gui.SetForegroundWindow(winDict[selection])
win_sz = win32gui.GetClientRect(winDict[selection])
myBitMap = win32ui.CreateBitmap()
#myMemDC = win32ui.CreateCompatibleDC(myDC)
#myBitMap.BitBlt((0,0),(win_sz[2],win_sz[3],myDC,(0,0),0))
#myBitMap.CreateCompatibleBitMap(myDC,win_sz[2], win_sz[3])
#myBitMap.CreateCompatibleDC(myDC)

Thanks,
Rob