PEP 318 - Function Modifier Syntax

Lulu of the Lotus-Eaters mertz at gnosis.cx
Tue Jun 10 15:11:12 EDT 2003

Courageous <jkraska at san.rr.com> wrote previously:
|As well, I. While it would be better on general principle to find a
|better word, if no such word is forthcoming this particular use of 'as'
|isn't at all confusing to me.  As you point out, 'as' is a high utility
|English word already.  Users ought to be familiar with its inherit
|dynamicity.  :)

I would be quite happy with the word 'as' to list function modifiers.
It seems like good English to me--albeit a somewhat different
connotation than 'import x as y'.

But just to throw options out, 'make' is another short word that works
in the context, IMO.  And 'make' is not used in a different sense within
Python.  I.e.

    def foo(x,y) make staticmethod:
        ...do stuff...

Yours, Lulu...

--
    _/_/_/ THIS MESSAGE WAS BROUGHT TO YOU BY: Postmodern Enterprises _/_/_/