Bug (??) in the time module?

Tim Roberts timr at probo.com
Thu Jun 19 00:43:19 EDT 2003

Anoop Aryal <aryal at ameritech.net> wrote:

>Paul Watson wrote:
>>
>> C:\src\python\t>tim.py
>> Tue Jun 17 09:48:01 2003
>> (2003, 6, 17, 9, 48, 1, 1, 168, -1)
>> Tue Jun 17 09:48:01 2003
>>

>your time tuple is different from mine (of course. but i'm talking about
>the last number in the list). it would be interesting to see if you got
>the same number on linux and windows at the last position in the tuple
>(here it's -1)

The last number in the list is the "is this daylight savings time" flag, so
it is vitally relevant to your problem.  You could get around your problem
by forcing the proper value (time.daylight) into that element, but I agree
with you that you should not need to do so.
- Tim Roberts, timr at probo.com
  Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.