ANNOUNCE: JOTWeb 1.11, preview of new web application system.

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Thu Jun 19 06:22:15 EDT 2003

On Wed, Jun 18, 2003 at 08:44:27PM +1000, Dave Cole wrote:
>Or you could use one of the application classes to reduce the code
>needed for each page.  Assuming you have more than one page in the
>application.

There were no examples demonstrating that...  Sure, I'd love to spend a
couple of weeks getting really familiar with all the different web
application frameworks out there so that I could really make an informed
decision based on the implementation of a represenative application.
However, if I had 3 months off work I'm not sure I'd spend it re-writing
a web app a dozen times...  :-)

>When it comes down to it, the number of lines in a trivial application
>is not why you use toolkits and frameworks.  You use a framework to
>help construct a complex application.

Adding complexity to every page in a complex application is also a
serious problem.  It means that every time I have to look at some page
code, I have to understand what's going on in this setup code.  It also
means that if I set up one page that has different setup code, I'm
likely to miss it unless I read all the code fairly carefully.

I *LIKE* systems that take care of the common things for you.

Sean
--
 Language is the most important .. uh..  I think you know what I'm trying
 to say.  -- Steve Martin