Including binary files in a .py file; advice needed

Tony Meyer ta-meyer at
Thu Jun 5 08:31:37 CEST 2003

> Here's what I want to do; distribute a .py file (a GUI app)
> with an embedded (binary) .GIF file (a photo of me at 1 yo ;)
> rather than distribute both separately. For convenience, mainly.
> Anything better ?

If I understand what you want to do correctly, then resourcepackage will do
this for you.

The standard method is to have a separate .py file that's distributed with
the app, but it would be easy enough to embed this into a larger file.

=Tony Meyer