py2exe and dynamic service installation ?

Thomas Heller theller at python.net
Tue Jun 24 09:12:27 EDT 2003

"Harald Schneider" <h_schneider at marketmix.com> writes:

> Thomas,
>
> do I need to prepare my Python app for the use with WISE, when I want to
> install it as a service? Does it need to provide a certain service API or
> some special response codes ?

No, you create your service with py2exe as always, and Wise does the
rest - create a windows installer, install the files on the target
machine and register the serice there. The registration is done from the
installer, not from the service.

I'll try to attach a screenshot of the dialogbox that the wise program
displays (at build time), so you can see the options which are
available.
Hm, doesn't work in the newsgroup - will send by private mail.

Thomas